Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Cyclone Max Debugger for SPC56EL70 from STMicroelectronics
vinod a. Apr 8, 2016 at 09:26 AM (09:26 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hi,

I am new to cyclone max and playing around with the SPC56EL Discovery board from STMicroelectronics. I have successfully downloaded the ELF file on to the board, now I would like to debug my code with the some break point.

Basically, my problem is to use Cyclone max for debugging. Could you please provide some information on this.

Thanks
    Albal

Comments

• Greetings,

The cyclone max comes with all the tools to flash program, however, it does not come with any debugging software. You have a few options:

1) You could first try out our trial 64K-limited version of ICD PPCNEXUS software that allows you to flash and debug up to 64K flash-sized binary:
    http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=194

If you are satisfied and wish to purchase ICD PPCNEXUS then you can get a license here:
    http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=15320116

2) You could get 3rd party software, especially the software that compiled your ELF files. They should have the ability to support the cyclone max....except for GreenHills MULTI; They have not updated their software to support cyclones, just multilinks.

Takao Yamada

• Hi,
      Thank you for the information. I have found out that my organization has purchased the full version of the debugging software. But it is been a while and not supporting SPC56 board.
      When i start the ICDPPCNEXUS, I am getting the following message:

CYCLONE MAX detected - Flash Version 7.92
      Debugger retrying force to background mode.
      Can not enter background mode.
      Debugger retrying force to background mode.

How can I update the ICD so that I can use it for SPC56?

Best Regards
      Albal

• Greetings,

What version of the software are you using? SPC56EL has been supported since version 1.41.

If you use the trial 64k version, which is our latest version just limited in features, you should still be able to connect to your board.

Our software upgrade policy is you get free updates within a year of purchase. Within 2 years you can get a 50% discount on upgrades. If you believe you are entitled to a discount, please open a support ticket by going to Support page -> Support requests (DO NOT DISCLOSE LICENSE OR ORDERING INFORMATION ON A PUBLIC FORUM). Otherwise, you will have to purchase a new license:
    http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=15320116

Takao Yamada

• Hi,

I am using the version 1.30
      I tried with trial 64K version, but my elf file is very well bigger in size than 64K.

Thank for the information. I will open the support ticket.

-Albal

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement