Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Order Of Images In Cyclone
Geoff F. Mar 20, 2016 at 07:23 PM (19:23 hours)
Staff: Johnny N.

• We're programming boards on our Production line using the automation DLL.  There seems to be no problem with this.

At startup, I'm loading the images into the Cyclones in the order:
    1: Calibration image
    2: Release firmware image
    3: Re-load Algorithm image (just contains a CM command - thanks Johnny)

The handles returned by the DLL reflect this order.

Interestingly, when I use the DLL to query the Cyclones for the names of the images relating to the handles, I seem to be getting the Load Algorithm image coming back as handle 1. Yet, the programming is working correctly for upwards of 200 modules a day now.

It's possible that I've mis-named the images. That's why I've requested that the decoder utility include the name of the image:
    http://www.pemicro.com/forums/forum.cfm?forum_topic_id=5071

Has anybody else seen similar behaviour?

Comments

• Geoff,

I have no reports of issues with the get_image_description function.

Are you saying that when you call get_image_description(cyclone,image3), you are getting back the name of image1?

-Johnny

• Hi Johnny,

Exactly. At least, I'm reasonably sure it's the name of image1. For debugging, I've implemented a loop that logs the images. It cycles through each image in turn, extracts the Image ID returned from the calls to add_image_to_cyclone and calls get_image_description with that image ID. What I'm seeing is as follows:

2016-03-24 15:03:43.9,   Initialisation Complete
      2016-03-24 15:03:44.2,   Image 1: "Load algorithm"
      2016-03-24 15:03:44.3,   Image 2: "11/12/2015 14:25:34"
      2016-03-24 15:03:44.3,   Image 3: "2/11/2016 10:41:00 AM"

This does correlate with what I'm seeing on the Cyclone Pro modules themselves.

The interesting thing is that the initialisation file that loads the images is as follows:
      [Image Files]
      Number of Images = 3
      File Name 1 = "/C/<redacted>/03_Software/<redacted>/Releases/Image_Calibration.SAP"
      File Name 2 = "/C/<redacted>/03_Software/<redacted>/Releases/Image_Version1.7.8.3521.SAP"
      File Name 3 = "/C/<redacted>/03_Software/<redacted>/Releases/Image_LoadAlgorithm.SAP"

The LabVIEW program that loads all this definitely cyles through in order.

This tends to make me think that it's quite likely that I've mis-named the files. I'd LOVE to be able to view and/or edit these names in the SAP files.

Regards,

Geoff

• I should add that the logging program uses the following call (translated into C):
        printf("Image %d: \"%s\"\n",ImageID,get_image_description(CycloneHandle,ImageID));

I've stepped through the LabVIEW code and confirmed that the Image IDs are returned in order as well. That is, loading file 1 returns an Image ID of 1, etc.

• I have just taken a copy of the SAP files from the production machine and run a check with the Image Manager.  Sure enough, I've mis-named the files.  When I load them I see something similar to the following:

IN1: Load algorithm (CRC32=$05FAF730) (from file C:\...\Image_Calibration.SAP)
    IN2: 11/12/2015 14:25:34 (CRC32=$FC42D9FD) (from file C:\...\Image_Version1.7.8.3521.SAP)
    IN3: 2/11/2016 10:41:00 AM (CRC32=$C41803D2) (from file C:\...\Image_LoadAlgorithm.SAP)

Mystery solved. I'll pay more attention to the name when I re-build the images next time.

• Thanks for the update.

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement