Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Want to display checksum+CRC value on the LCD of Cyclone Pro Programmer
Utkarsh R. Feb 6, 2016 at 07:03 AM (07:03 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Want to display checksum+CRC value on the LCD of Cyclone Pro Programmer. Kindly help to set up this function.

I have Cyclone Pro 8.53-1.6 version

Comments

• Greetings,

Displaying the image CRC is currently not a feature on the Cyclone Pro, however it is a feature on the next generation cyclones, like the Cyclone Universal and Cyclone Universal FX. On the touchscreen, just go to Menu -> Current Image Functions -> validate Image CRC32.

We will no longer be adding new features into the cyclone pro and max as they will be phased out within the next 6-9 months. However, we will continue to bug fix.

Takao Yamada

• Thanks for Reply. But in some of the programmer with same version the Checksum + CRC value displayed correctly. I need to know how to configure the Cyclone to display it on the LCD.

• Greetings,

Sorry for the confusion. I thought you wanted to get the CRC to show up whenever you want.

You need to use Cyclone IP Configuration utility. There, after opening the port, you should see the LCD home screen display selection. Here is where you can modify what gets displayed. You can only load up to 5 options, which are the 5 lines on the LCD after the first line. The last 2 lines are used for current status of the cyclone. By default you have:

1) Cyclone Ethernet IP
    2) Cyclone Name
    3) Total Number of Images (Internal/External)
    4) Image selected with description
    5) Serial Number

What you need to do is figure out if you want just the CRC of first binary, CRC calculated from the target, CRC of multiple binaries in an image, etc. Many options.

Takao Yamada

• I will try the steps which you have suggested. Meanwhile you please share your mail id. I will send you the snap of our existing programmer. Where the Checksum+CRC value comes directly on the LCD screen of programmer.

• Greetings,

I do not disclose my email on forums because it is the easiest way to get lots of spam mail.

Instead, please go to Support page-> Support requests and create a ticket. There you can post your image.

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement