Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
SAP file compatibility on Cyclone Universal
. Feb 3, 2016 at 08:17 AM (08:17 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hi, I made some SAP files for my cyclone pro last year for a board. This year I just got the cyclone universal and I was trying to put on the same SAP files to program the same boards however there seems to be a problem with the universal committing the changes. It keeps showing the error code $00000011. Can I use the same old SAP files on the new device or do I need to make new files?

Comments

• Greetings,

We are currently working on a converter to convert older Cyclone SAP images into new format to work on the new generation cyclones. Give me a few days to test it out before I ship it to you.

If you need something now, then yes you do need to create a new image. Note, the new cyclone images hold more data than the old images. So in the conversion even though all the information needed will be converted, new features will be missing.

Future features includes the ability to see what kind of commands were called in the image. Long are the days when you have no idea what settings and commands were called in your SAP image in your cyclone. You can use the menu on the cyclone universal to see what settings were used to set this image up. But no worries, the algorithm or binary file used is still encrypted and will not be displayed.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

We have a preliminary command-line converter that will work in getting old SAP images to work with newer generation cyclones. Please go to Support page -> Support requests and create a ticket so I can post the utility.

In the near future, it will be included in the cyclone universal software package. Please check there first. If it is not there then check out our downloads page in Support Page -> Documentation & Downloads.

We are looking into getting an easy drag & drop UI for easier use.

Takao Yamada

• Takao,
      I just checked the Documentation and Downloads page and was unable to find the SAP converter. Could you please provide me with a copy of it?

Thanks,
      Nick

• Greetings,

We will be adding this utility into our cyclone universal software package by end of today. When it is ready for release, I will post a link for you to download it.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

The updated software is here:
    http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=462

Takao Yamada

• Dear Takao,
      I used the sap_convert_console for the same problems, finding that the new file work for Cyclone universal but doesn't work for Cyclone PRO.
      We have some Cyclone PRO, some Cyclone_ACP and now just one Cyclone Universal and should be appreciable to have just one SAP file that works for all the models.
      Is it possible?

Regards,
      Marco

• In details, I have an error ($0012) after the image loading on Cyclone PRO,
        anyway the SAP seems to work properly.

• Greetings,

Get the latest version of Cyclone universal software. We fixed this problem recently:
    http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=462

Takao Yamada

• I've already installed it but the problem persist.
      My Cyclone PRO version is 8.64-1.6.

Regards,
      Marco

• Greetings,

Go to our support page and submit a ticket in our support request system with your SAP image before and after the conversion. We will take a look to why it will not work on the cyclone pro.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

I do not see any support tickets about this problem. Is this issue resolved?

Takao Yamada

• Dear Takao,
      the issue was resolved on the support request 24580.
      Thank you.

Regards,
      Marco

• Greetings,

I would like to convert my old cyclone pro image (8.10,1.1) to new cyclone pro firmware (8.69,1.6).

But the SAP_convert_console dont convert the old SAP.

Cannot convert image [old SAP path].SAP
    Error --- Error Code 2

Best Regards,
    Peter

• Greetings,

Give me details of how you called the utility and with what parameters.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

First start the converter: C:\PEMicro\cyclone_universal>sap_convert_console.exe
    Then : C:\PEMicro\cyclone_universal>sap_convert_console D:\Cyclone_images\[image name].sap D:\Cyclone_images\new\[image name].sap

And now the result is "Success".

Thank you for the support.Next time I will be more attentive.

Best regards,
    Peter

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement