Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
EFM32LG330F256G Multiple attempts required to program using Cyclone ARM
Lucas A. Oct 1, 2015 at 11:28 AM (11:28 hours)
Staff: Gerardo R.

• I'm trying to program a Silicon Labs EFM32LG330F256G and when they are in a virgin state it takes me multiple attempts to get the device to connect and program. The previous failed attempts returns an 0x0007 error. One the device is programmed I have no issue reprogramming the device the issue only shows up on units that are not programmed. I know silicon labs does ship this part with a pre-loaded boot loader that may be the issue but I would of assumed that the algorithm for this device would have accounted for this. 

I am not using the PEMicro Cyclone ARM to power the device.

Please let me know what I can do to try and remedy this other than keep repeatedly trying to program.

Thanks

Comments

• Can you provide a schematic of your debug header? I would like to replicate this issue to better understand the situation.

• I can describe the connection as I'm not sure how to provide you a schematic.

3.3V off LDO to Pin 1 of the 20-pin standard connector
      PF1 (Pin 50) of MCU to SWDIO Pin 7 of 20-Pin standard connector
      PF0 (Pin 49) of MCU to SWCLK Pin 9 of 20-pin standard connector
      RESETn (pin 20 ) of MCU to Pin 15 of 20-Pin standard connector

ground on PCB to the following pins on the standard connector:

All other connections are NC

There are no external pull ups or downs for these lines as the micro contains internal pull downs.

• Have you made any headway on this?

• We have been using the Cyclone ARM programmer for a small beta build and are still experiencing the issue where multiple attempts are required to program any non programmed units. We are also experiencing instances where the Cyclone loses connection with the PC which requires a hard reset so the port can re-enumerate. We are connecting the device through a USB switch but it is the only device off the switch that seems to be having any issues.

Do you have any suggestions as to what might be causing these issues? Without resolution soon we will have to work on getting and setting up a different programmer that is more reliable.

• We've been able to replicate the issue in house by programming the bootloader on our development platform and is now actively being tracked. I will update this thread when the issue has been resolved. Hopefully, this can be handled within the next week.

• Has a solution to this issue been discovered?

• Greetings,

Is this still an issue? Has this problem been resolved?

Takao Yamada

• This is not longer an issue. The FW update provided appears to have successfully fixed the issue.

Regards

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement