Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Is there a command to set the Cyclone Pro Clock Frequency in CPROG08SZ ?
. May 14, 2015 at 05:36 AM (05:36 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• I am using the command line control program CPRO08SZ with the Cyclone Pro. I cannot find a command that will allow me to set the clock frequency to 4.9152 MHz instead of the default 9.8304 MHz. I did find the command CLOCKDIVIDER n which lets me select divide x 2 or 4. Is there a command to select the clock frequency?

Comments

• Greetings,

If you set ":OUTPUTCLOCK 1" then it will use 9.8304 MHz. If you use ":OUTPUTCLOCK 0" then it will use the 4.9152Mhz.

Takao Yamada

• Thank You very much. Maybe somebody could review the documentation failed and add this command along with any other commands that may have been missed. And thanks for the quick response too.

• When I tried out the ":OUTPUTCLOCK 0" command expecting the Clock Frequency to be set to 4.9152Mhz, my Cyclone Pro failed to establish communication with my device as it had been, when I set the clock with the GUI connection to the Cyclone Pro to 4.9152Mhz. When I changed the command to ":OUTPUTCLOCK 1" the communication to my device was established again. I believe that when you update your documentation file it should actually read:

:OUTPUTCLOCK n - Selects the clock frequency to use.
        0 : Select the 9.8304MHz clock (default)
        1 : Select the 4.9152MHz clock

Thanks again for your help.

• Greetings,

No, that is not correct. The best way to check your work is going to the cyclone image creation utility. Set up what you need in this utility and then go to File Menu -> Save configurations. This generates a CFG file with many of the settings you need. Note, not all of these settings will work in CPROG like image name because it is irrelevant to CPROG execution.

You need to use :OUTPUTCLOCK 0 but you also have to change your baud rate with it. Also changing the clock division involves changing the baud rate.

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement