Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
SAP Launch command
. May 5, 2015 at 08:04 AM (08:04 hours)
Staff: Johnny N.

• Hi,

What is the command for reset programmer(Cyclone max) in SAP Launch?

Comments

• Hi,

There is no command in SAP_Launch.exe to reset a Cyclone. It isn't necessary anyway since the Cyclone will accept the START command as long as there is communication. What are you trying to do exactly? If you are trying to reset the target microcontroller, you can add a RE command into the SAP image.

Regards,
      Johnny
      P&E

• Hi,

Developing the ATE where I am trying to call the programmer via SAP Launch exe.

• Hi,

And also how to make this .cfg file which is a parametre for command line SAP Launch application?
    After launching this application what are the commands we can use to flash a image?
    Why sometime get some error while try to flashing and a manual reset solving the problem?

Thanking you.

• Does your Cyclone already contain a working programming image? Are you trying to program any serial number or other dynamic data? The first thing I would do is make sure that I can download a programming image into the Cyclone and I can successfully program the target board.

• Hi,

Programming image is already there in cyclone.
    Now how we can create the .cfg file which we use with cyclone_launch command as a parametre?
    And this reset issue what may be the reason?

• Are you using SAP_LAUNCH.EXE or CYCLONE_LAUNCH.EXE? They are two different utilities. 

If you are using SAP_LAUNCH.EXE, you can type the following in the command line to execute the image (this example assumes you are using USB).

SAP_LAUNCH.exe PORT=USB1 IMAGE=1

The CYCLONE_LAUNCH.EXE is part of our Automated Control Package which you can read more about here:
      http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=15320101

Regards,
      Johnny
      P&E

• Hi,

What is the difference between this 2 utilities?
    If i want to make process in automatic mode in C programming How we can do that?

• Hi!

If you want to control the Cyclone from a C-application, you need our Automated Control Package (which includes a DLL and CYCLONE_LAUNCH.EXE).

The DLL allows you to directly control a Cyclone's operations through its callable routines. CYCLONE_LAUNCH does the same but uses script files. The difference is that the DLL is more suitable for someone with programming experience.

Cyclone Automated Control Package:

This product is licensed. There is a free basic license that will work with 1 Cyclone and 1 SAP image (and it does not support programming of serial numbers). There is also a Professional license which can control up to 3 Cyclones and a Enterprise license for larger setups.

I suggest you download the Basic edition first and test it out to see if it is what you are needing.

Regards,
      Johnny
      P&E

• In the SAP_Launch document that came with my cyclone max, it is very basic in terms of capabilities and says to contact PE for more information. Is there a more complete user guide or is SAP_Launch just very basic in capabilities. From m y understanding, all it can do is call an already programmed image, is that correct?

• Jesse,

SAP_Launch can send a START command to any existing SAP image that is stored in the Cyclone. It is very basic.

If you want a more featured commandline/scriptable application, you should take a look at Cyclone_Launch which is part of our Automated Control Package. Features include sending START commands, updating SAP images, and programming dynamic data. There is a lot more information in the user's manual which you can download here:

Cyclone Automated Control Package:

Regards,
      Johnny
      P&E

• Hi,
        SAP_LAUNCH.exe in which command line we have to use?

• Hi,

SAP_LAUNCH.exe is part of the software that came with your Cyclone programmer. This utility is run from the Windows commandline/DOS prompt. The commandline can by going to the START menu and searching for cmd.exe. There is a document named SAP_LAUNCH.doc that describes all the parameters.

Fr example:
          You can type the following in the command line to execute the second image (this example assumes you are connecting the Cyclone using USB).

SAP_LAUNCH.exe PORT=USB1 IMAGE=2

Regards,
          Johnny
          P&E Engineering Support

• sorry. actually i did n't find any document related to sap_launch application in website.
    Anyway thank you for info.

• The document is included with the Cyclone software.

• thanks.

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement