Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Cyclone max Error 53 on SPC564B64
Amaru V. Mar 17, 2015 at 10:35 AM (10:35 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hi Mr Takao,

I've error 53 during the .sap generation for Cyclone MAX :

- I'm using PPCNEXUS
    - I'm using a specic .pcp

How can I figure out the memory address problem in this .pcp?
    This .pcp is working with this tool : USB-ML-PPCNEXUS. Why not with the Cyclone?

Beggining extract from the specific .pcp :

;version 1.01, 08/25/2010, Copyright P&E Microcomputer Systems, www.pemicro.com [5646B_3072k_LCFlash]
    ;device Freescale, MPC5646B, 1x32x768k, desc=LCFlash - based on Freescale_MPC5646B_1x32x768k_LCFlash.PCP
    ;begin_cs device=$30000000, length=$00300000, ram=$00300000
    ;end_cs
    WRITE_LONG=0000C520/FFF38010/ ;Clear soft lock bit
    WRITE_LONG=0000D928/FFF38010/ ;Clear soft lock bit
    WRITE_LONG=FF00000A/FFF38000/ ;Disable SWT Watchdog
    NO_TIMING_TEST
    NO_INDIVIDUAL_WRITES
    NO_BASE_ADDRESS=00000000/
    BOUNDARY_MASK=FFF80000/
    BLOCKING_MASK=0000000F/ ;min 8 byte write - 16 bytes for speed
    WRITE_LONG=00008000/C3F88000/ ;Reset any prior flash read errors
    WRITE_LONG=A1A11111/C3F88004/ ;Send lo/mid key
    WRITE_LONG=00100000/C3F88004/ ;Enable blocks for prog/erase no shadow
    WRITE_LONG=B2B22222/C3F88008/ ;Send hi key
    WRITE_LONG=00000000/C3F88008/ ;Enable blocks for prog/erase
    WRITE_LONG=C3C33333/C3F8800C/ ;Send secondarylo/mid key
    WRITE_LONG=00100000/C3F8800C/ ;Enable blocks for prog/erase
    WRITE_LONG=00008000/C3FB0000/ ;Reset any prior flash read errors
    WRITE_LONG=A1A11111/C3FB0004/ ;Send lo/mid key
    WRITE_LONG=00100000/C3FB0004/ ;Enable blocks for prog/erase no shadow
    WRITE_LONG=B2B22222/C3FB0008/ ;Send hi key
    WRITE_LONG=00000000/C3FB0008/ ;Enable blocks for prog/erase
    WRITE_LONG=C3C33333/C3FB000C/ ;Send secondarylo/mid key
    WRITE_LONG=00100000/C3FB000C/ ;Enable blocks for prog/erase
    ;end_cs
    ;Low Blocks(0..B) Array0: 1-32k,2-16k,2-32k,1-128k, Array1: 1-32k,2-16k,2-32k,1-128k
    USER=LB Low Block Erase 1Block > /00000000/0000000B/
    ;Mid Blocks(0..3) Array0: 2-128k, Array1: 2-128k
    USER=MB Mid Block Erase 1Block > /00000000/00000003/
    ;High Blocks(0..F) Array0: 8-128k, Array1: 8-128k
    USER=HB High Block Erase 1Block > /00000000/0000000F/
    ;Erase Array(0..1)
    USER=EA Erase Array 1Array > /00000000/00000001/

Regards

Amaru

Comments

• Greetings,

Within the cyclone max software package, you will find the PROG for PPCNEXUS software. Could you try this on your cyclone max and use the same settings as you would with the multilink? Are you able to flash program the device?

I would also suggest downloading the latest cyclone max software package from our website so that you have the latest firmware and software:
    http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=290

Takao Yamada

• Hi Mr Takao,

I found the issue, when I use the manual dl application (PROGPPCNEXUS), when I want to program a module, there's a message that says : All S record addresses are not in range or module. Continue : yes? no?
    If I click yes, I can see that the target is well programmed doing a memory dump.

But if I use the Cyclone in standalone, this message is not interpreted and/or not seen by the Cyclone so he doesn't program the module. But I can see the addresses incrementing on the cyclone screen...

So, how can I do to create a .sap that doesn't care about addresses ranges?

And can you send me the user manual for the PROGPPCNEXUS please?

Regards

Amaru

• Greetings,

In the image creation utility, there is a checkbox "Ignore address range check". This will prevent the range check that you are seeing.

The user manual for PROGPPCNEXUS is still in .HLP file format, not in PDF format. If you look at your cyclone max directory, you will find the "PROGPPC_Nexus.HLP" file. Note, if you are in Win 7 you may need to patch your windows to open this file:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/917607

Takao Yamada

• Hi Mr Takao,

The problem is that this checkbox is already checked, and Cyclone doesn't program my .s19 file. If I uncheck it, I have the error 53 when creating the .sap image.

Yes I saw this .hlp file. But I figured out that I can't control PROGPPCNEXUS through windows command line. I need the cprogppcnexus.exe. I don't have it in my Cyclone max package, where can I find it?

Regards

Amaru

• Greetings,

CPROGPPCNEXUS is found when you purchase the PROGPPCNEXUS software. If you have a cyclone max, then you do not need CPROG because it is slower than standalone programming. Why do you need command line programming for?

Takao Yamada

• Good Afternoon,

I am trying to use the cyclone max to flash 3 different s19 files via an application I have written, utilizing the UNITPPCNEXUS libraries to access and read out a number of memory addresses. I need to automate this as much as possible. SAP Launch cannot create a SAP image on the fly, and for my application, I do not want to have to create a number of SAP images and upload them to the Cyclone every single time. The best work around I can see is CPROGPPCNEXUS, seeing as I can specify all the parameters I need and the s19s I need to flash from within my application. How can I get that? I bought the Cyclone and it came with PROG but not CPROG... so I am not going to buy PROG when I already have it, just to get CPROG. And the Automated Control Package still deals with images, which I would still have to create and upload to the Cyclone before programming (to ensure the latest version), which takes time.

So is there something I am missing or should my question be how to get CPROG?

• Greetings,

Go to Support Page -> Support requests and create a ticket for me. I will ask you to send me the order under which you purchased the cyclone. then we can discuss how we can get you a CPROG or other solutions to get your flash programming done.

Takao Yamada

• Good Morning,

Someone from P&E has already contacted me about obtaining CPROG and the potential use of CSAPPPCNEXUS. All set!

Thanks

• Hi Mr Takao,

Because I can't run the standalone mode since the Cyclone ignores a .s19 file because of the error on the addresses instead of ignoring the error.
    I thought that checking the "Ignore address range check" could change this situation, but I think you've a bug here. Please confirm.

Or may be, do you have an updated firmware for the Cyclone max?

So I only see the solution with CPROGPPCNEXUS. Do you have another idea?

Regards

Amaru

• Greetings,

Could you create a support ticket by going to Support page -> Support ticket.

In there, could you post your S19 file you are trying to program? I want to test this against my image creation so I can see why this error is showing up.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

This issue was resolved in a support request. The issue was that the customer's S19 file had RAM data that was outside of the flash address range specified by the flash algorithm. This can be prevented by modifying the compiler settings to not include RAM information in compiled S19 and ELF files.

Worst case scenario is to modify the S19 file itself to remove this RAM data. Please read the wikipedia article on srecord file format so you modify it correctly:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SREC_(file_format)

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement