Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Cyclone Max: Automatic programming using batch file
Manjit S. Jan 13, 2015 at 01:02 AM (01:02 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• I want to use Cyclone Max for programming Freescale Kinetis KE02 MCU.

Do cyclone max support command line programming? If yes then from where can I get the required batch file?

Comments

• Greetings,

Not exactly sure what you had in mind for command line programming but I will explain two ways of handling this. Note, that the cyclone does not need command line programming for it to work:

1. CPROG
    You could purchase a software license for PROGACMP, which comes with the CPROGACMP software. CPROG is our command line flash programming tool that you feed in commands like erase, program, and verify of the flash. The batch file can be used to automate the process:
    http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=15320138

2. Cyclone Automated Control Package
    You can purchase our Cyclone DLL that allows you to control your cyclone by sending it commands like running an image on the cyclone, updating an image on the cyclone, etc.

Command line programming is more for our multilink hardware interfaces because the multilink does not have the ability for standalone programming. The cyclone can hold programming scripts in the form of images. This can automate the programming, and no extra software purchase is needed.

Did I answer your question?

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

Were you able to get the right software for your needs?

Takao Yamada

• Hi Takao,

I am planing to use PROG for ARM and Cyclone Max.

Am I on right track?

Manjit Singh

• Greetings,

You do not need to purchase PROG for ARM if you plan on purchasing Cyclone Max. You do not need to command line program. Just use the Cyclone max's standalone programming. It is faster and easier to use.

Please read the Cyclone max website to learn how standalone works:
    http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=145

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement