Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Multilink Universal vs. MK60DN512ZVLQ
Jaroslav C. Dec 9, 2014 at 04:40 AM (04:40 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• I was speaking with Freescale and they told me to ask you for help.

I am using Code Warior with PEx two years by now. I was starting with processor MK60DN512ZVLQ10. I used that processor in two projects. It is about year that I have used MK60DN512ZVLQ10 last time. I am using PE micro Multilink universal version A (Windows 7 64bit).

I was working with MK10DN128, MK22DX128, MK61FN1M0VMJ15. I did not have any problem with these processors.

Now I have to work with MK60DN512ZVLQ10 again but this time I can not upload my program into the processor. Error which appears is in appendix. I have tried that on my PC at work with CW version 10.2, 10.5 and 10.6 and on PC in service department there was CW version 10.6 and on my notebook where I have versions 10.4, 10.5 and 10.6. Everywhere it behaves the same way (there is same error) but only for processor MK60DN512ZVLQ10. Other processors are working correctly. I have tested PCB (MK60DN512ZVLQ10) I was working with one year ago with all versions of CW listened above but everywhere appeared same error.
    When I was working with this PCB and this project before everything worked perfectly.

After one day of attempts I was able to get it to work on notebook in version CW10.4. I was working with this version for two days with new PCB and also with old one without any problem. I did not turn notebook off, I just put it to sleep mode and I did not shut down CW10.4, just for sure.

In Freescale told me to update CW to version 10.6, so I have downloaded newest USB driver for Multilink as well and upload new firmware but it does not help either.

My biggest issue is that project rushes. So I would appreciate good advise as soon as possible.

So processors MK10DN128, MK22DX128, MK61FN1M0VMJ15 are working correctly without problems. Processor MK60DN512ZVLQ10 also worked fine year ago so PCB should be OK. I was testing it with two pieces of PE micro Multilink universal version A but result was the same.

Can someone help me?

Jaroslav

Comments

• Greetings,

Always when you run into an issue, you must take a step back and work your way back to working condition.

So, my advice is to first to always use the latest version of Codewarrior. It has the latest firmware for hardware, bugfixes, support, etc.

Second advice is to create a brand new project for your chip specified. Do not make any changes to this project and try debugging it. If it works, then you can move onto trying to getting your current project to work. If it fails, then you know exactly that it is your project giving you the headache.

Now if the brand new project fails, then you can start looking into hardware issues. First thing to always test is the weakest link: The ribbon cable. After many use this flexible bendy cable can go bad. Replace it and try again.

Let me know how that goes.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

Any update on this?

Takao Yamada

• OLÁ BOA NOITE!!! 
    faço reparo em modulo de injeçao e estou precisando ler,APAGAR E GRAVAR um processador MPC55 TENHO UM PROGRAMADOR QUE É MUITO LENTO CERCA DE 1 HORA PRA PROGRAMAR E 20 MINUTOS PARA LER. AI BAIXEI O soft esys flasher 1.3 SÓ QUE TENHO QUE COMPRAR O PROGRAMADOR. QUAL SERIA O CERTO PRA MIM? SE PUDER ME AJUDAR FICO AGRADECIDO

• Greetings,

I have a few questions:

1) Do you need hardware and software?

2) What chip are you trying to program? Could you be more specific?

3) Are you in development stage or production stage? Production programmers are faster, while development programmers are smaller and cheaper.

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement