Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Cyclone for ARM software installed but only able to select GENERIC for the CPU Manufacturer
Russ J. Dec 8, 2014 at 05:13 PM (17:13 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hi - I just received the Cyclone for ARM standalone programmer.  I installed the software and started going through the Quickstart guide but when I get to the Cyclone Image Creation Utility, I am not able to specify a CPU Manufacturer.  The drop down list only contains GENERIC.

I must be missing something simple here but I cannot figure it out. Do I need to register the software before using it?

Comments

• Greetings,

The documentation is out of date and thank you for pointing this out. I have brought this up to the cyclone team and they will fix this soon.

The image creation utility has changed to now support multiple vendors of ARM chips. What has changed is you should go to the "Device Type" option towards the middle-right of the utility and select your device from here. This will populate the rest of the utility.

Please let me know if you run into other issues so that we can get the documentation fixed.

Takao Yamada

• Thanks - I noticed I could select the device there but when I select my device (Kinetis K70FX512M12) the CPU Manufacturer still has Generic selected - and Generic is the only option in that drop down box.  Is this expected?  Or should it have Freescale?

• Greetings,

Currently it will stay as Generic. If I had a choice, I would remove the options altogether to remove any confusion that it may cause. But you should not have to worry about the two drop down boxes anymore.

Takao Yamada

• That did it - thanks...

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement