Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
where can I get a detailed description about how to create an algorithm file?
Jill L. Nov 17, 2014 at 06:31 PM (18:31 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• I do not understand the algorithm file. after looking at all files for the same MCU I'm using (68hc912dg128a), my conclusion is that the algorithm is target specific. If I have different memory organization, I need have a different algorithm.

Then how to generate an algorithm that can program whatever portion of the flash? Where can find detailed description of how to create an algorithm?

I have two s record files I need to load to the flash, one for the 1st page, the other for the remaining part of 1st page and the others.

Comments

• Greetings,

There are multiple algorithms for this chip you have specified and I can help you out. I believe you do not need to create an algorithm. The ones we have for you should suffice and I will explain:

There are a set of algorithms for this chip that are memory block specific. Look at the name of the algorithm and you will see at the end of the name with a tag like "0_16k", "1_16K", etc. This means these algorithms specifically works in a specific page of memory. For these algorithms, it will ask you to specify the base address of your S19/PHY/ELF file. Open these algorithms up in a text editor and it will tell you which flash page it tries to program. For example in "0_16K" it selects 32K page 0.

Then there is another algorithm that is "128k_16K_page", meaning this algorithm works with all memory blocks with 16K page size. This algorithm will start at address 0x0000 and range up to 128K.

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement