Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
PROGRACMP works but Image Creation Utility fails
Mike A. Oct 16, 2014 at 04:30 AM (04:30 hours)
Staff: Kevin M.

• I am programming an STM32L100RB using a Cyclone for ARM Devices, firmware version 1.41-0.5.  If I use PROGRACMP, this works fine.  If I use the same set of commands in the Image Creation Utility to create a SAP file in the Cyclone, this always fails with error $2003 at the start of the process.  I am programming both the flash and eeprom separately and the same behaviour occurs in each case.

I am using the ST_STM32l100rb_1x32x32K algorithm when programming the flash. I'm using the 10 pin mini SWD port at 10MHz and am using external power for my target.

I would be very grateful for a solution to this please.

Mike.

Comments

• I have a little more information on this issue.  Using the PROGRACMP utility, the programming works, but only the first time after selecting the .arp file.  If I try to program a board twice in succession (or two different boards), it fails the second time when I use the EM command, which sits rotating the bar for ever (I've left it up to a minute).  If I then use ESC to terminate that, sometime it says 'Module has been erased', sometimes it says it failed.  If I then re-load the .arp file, the erase, program and verify steps work.  This is the same whether I am trying to program the flash or eeprom sections of the chip.

Mike.

• Mike,

Can you try slowing the shift frequency down?

Try something slower like 3.85 MHz and see if your programming with PROGACMP is more consistent.

Best Regards,

Kevin

• I'll try this on Monday, but I have tried slower frequencies (although perhaps not quite that slow) in the image creation utility and that didn't work.

Given that it always works the first time after loading the algorithm in PROGRACMP, I suspect this is a s/w problem - something not getting re-initialised in your code.

Mike.

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement