Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
MPC823 and USB-ML-UNIVERSAL
Sergey K. Mar 22, 2017 at 03:43 AM (03:43 hours)
Staff: Gerardo R.

• Hi,

please tell me is it possible to flashing with PowerQUICC MPC823 onboard by USB-ML-UNIVERSAL?

I not see this family in support list (MPC5xx/8xx)

And second question:
    If i see info about MPC5xx/8xx - is it mean MPC823 included in it?

Because i not found any files regarding to MPC823...

Comments

• >Please tell me is it possible to flashing with PowerQUICC MPC823 onboard by USB-ML-UNIVERSAL?
      USB-ML-UNIVERSAL does not support MPC823 devices, only the USB-ML-UNIVERSAL-FX product can communicate with these devices. This device doesn't appear to have internal flash, so you won't be able to flash program it.

>If i see info about MPC5xx/8xx - is it mean MPC823 included in it?
      That is correct.

• >USB-ML-UNIVERSAL does not support MPC823 devices, only the USB-ML-UNIVERSAL-FX product can communicate with these devices. This device doesn't appear to have internal flash, so you won't be able to flash program it.

But if i have external flash PC28F128J3C onboard connected to MPC823, can i reprogram it with USB-ML-UNIVERSAL-FX ?

• Here are all the external flash chips that we support on MPC8xx devices:
    http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/flash_algorithm/FlashAlgorithms_External_FREESCALE_PCP.cfm

If you can find your chip on that list, then you will be able to program it with a Multilink FX and our PROGPPCZ software.

• Yes it exists. Okay, thank you for support!

Last question is about schematic.

Your software can define wires from cpu to flash?

I think can be many types of connections. But how software can detect? Or it automatically? Or only basic wiring supported?

• You can refer to this page for help setting up and troubleshooting an external flash algorithm.

https://www.pemicro.com/blog/index.cfm?post_id=29

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement