Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
P&E BDM Multilink ask to resent the hardware and fails to work
munirathnam p. Jul 15, 2015 at 01:15 AM (01:15 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hello,

I am using the P&E BDM Multilink ( product code - USB-ML-12) to connect with Codw Warrior and XBee Development Board (XBIB-U-DEV) and when started debug Code Warrior tried to connect the Hardware via USB-ML-12 then popup a message to reset/cycle power (Micro is not respondning) the hardware and I tried to reset the board many times but the USB-ML-12 is not connecting with the Code Warrior.

Next day it worked without any issues then again now it is not working ..... Please help me in addressing the issue. Not the device is every time asking to RESET then fails to connect after RESET also.

Regards,
    Muni.

Comments

• Greetings,

The cycle-power dialog is indicating your chip is not responding to the multilink. By power cycling and the multilink holding reset low, the chip should then stop running any previous code and enter debug mode with less resistance. However, there could be other problems like the chip is secured or your chip is not powered correctly.

1) Could you tell me which chip you are using?
    2) Power up your board and use a volt/multimeter to measure 4 of the 6 pins on the BDM header of your board (with the multilink disconnected). Pin 1 (BKGD), pin 4 (RESET), and pin 6 (VDD). Measure against pin 2 (GND). Report back with your findings.
    3) Has your multilink worked in the past? Does it continue to work on other projects? Just not on this one?

Takao Yamada

• Hi,

Thank you for reply. Please find the answers in the below for the questions asked.

1) Could you tell me which chip you are using?

Ans: I am using Programmable XBee ZB Pro S2B Modules from DIGI International. This hardware has the Freescale Microcontroller part number: MC9S08QE32RM.

2) Power up your board and use a volt/multimeter to measure 4 of the 6 pins on the BDM header of your board (with the multilink disconnected). Pin 1 (BKGD), pin 4 (RESET), and pin 6 (VDD). Measure against pin 2 (GND). Report back with your findings.

Ans: I need to measure and let you know.

3) Has your multilink worked in the past? Does it continue to work on other projects? Just not on this one?

Ans: Yes, The multilink worked many times but sometimes only it doesnot work and ask for power cycle. But most of the the time the multilink is not working and suddenly it start working for sometime duration.

• Greetings,

The voltage reading might give me more information. Please reply back with your results.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

Any update on this?

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement