Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
Connection to MPC5744P problem
. Jun 28, 2019 at 03:49 AM (03:49 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hello,

I tried to connect device MPC5744P to the PROGPPCNEXUS programmer. But during the initialization process I've got a message 'Error in ONCE status register during the instruction execution'. Device is correctly detected as MPC5744P according the information in status window.

Device should be the brand new, by my information.

Device is inserted in my programming adapter with necessary electronics requested by device.

Any idea about a solution that may help ??

Thank you very much

Comments

• Greetings,

Lower the debug shift frequency and add 200ms delay after reset. The error indicates problems communicating to the chip.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings, 

I have tried all options for debug shift frequency settings also with added delay after reset, but it has no influence on device behaviour. Communication always end with message "Error in ONCE status register during the instruction execution", device type is correctly detected.

Do you have any idea, what could be wrong?

Thank you very much for your effort.

• Greetings,

Next thing to check is hardware connection:

1) Are you using any custom ribbon cables, adapters, etc? Are you connecting all 14-pins of the JTAG header?

2) Do you have multiple boards? Are you seeing this issue on all boards? Are these chips preprogrammed, or all blanks?

3) Do you have other debug probes that function without issue on these boards?

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

Any update on this?

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEmicro account.

© 2019 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement