Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Flashing with Multilink USB and CF Flasher
Edward B. Sep 21, 2017 at 12:04 PM (12:04 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• I am trying to flash an Atari Firebee that uses a 5474 Coldfire chip and also has a BDM port. I have a WinXP 32-bit system and version 12 of your drives. Everything installs fine and the Win machine says the Multilink device is working properly. The Multilink lights comes signifying the hookup. However when I load in the s19 file and click "program", CF Flasher says it cannot initialize the BDM device. When configuring it asks for a port number (1-10). I also have BDM device set as P&E_USB_ML. I suupose I wrong am using the wrong port , so which one is correct and are there any other suggestions?

Comments

• Greetings,

Use the following FAQ to learn how to patch up your CF Flasher, which is required to get it working properly on the latest hardware:
    http://www.pemicro.com/faqs/faq_view.cfm?id=211&menu_id=faqs

Takao Yamada

• Thanks a lot. This will help me.

• Well I am a little further. The CF Flasher Patch did work and now the Multilink cable is recognized, but now I am getting the error could not force the processor into background mode. Any ways around this???

Ed

• Greetings,

CF Flash is not our utility so there is limited support we can provide. Make sure your device is support for CF Flasher, and if you are using our multilink universal software that you update your firmware to the latest:
    http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=346

Takao Yamada

• Thanks. I will give it a try. I see there is an unsecure_Cf utility for Coldfire version 2. Does one exist for version 4?

• Your updated firmware did the trick. I installed the file and updated the firmware, tried CF flasher and everything went fine. Thank a whole lot for you help in this matter. Between the new updated firmware  for the Multi-link and the patch for CF Flasher I am a very happy camper....  Thanks again.

• Greetings,

We only have one unsecure_CF utility, and my understanding is that only V2 of ColdFire has this ability. Maybe you can look into seeing if your device has this feature and try using the utility to unsecure it. Note, that you will need to change the communication to JTAG instead of BDM. Maybe your board has a jumper to switch between these protocols?

Takao Yamada

• Well my board both a BDM and a JTAG interface, so maybe it may work. How else would I get the Coldfire VE chip to be unsecure, so that the BDM debug will work?

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement