Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
API for USB Multilink Universal
Peter S. Jul 3, 2017 at 06:14 AM (06:14 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hi.

I'm about to make a program with a graphical user interface to program HCS08, HC08, HC(S)12(X) etc.

Is it possible to control an USB Multilink Universal by an API in the same way I can control a CyclonePro?

If so, where do I download the API or DLL-file?

BR
    Peter Svensson

Comments

• Greetings,

The DLL's to control the cyclone is used to store SAP images and executing those images. The multilink does not have that capability. The DLL does not actually create SAP images or do the flash programming for you.

Our UNIT API's are not designed to be used for flash programming. It can be used to load data into RAM and modify registers.

Our suggestion is to get the PROG software we sell for the HCS08 and HCS12 architectures:
    http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=27
    http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=49

The PROG for HC08 is free and can be found in our Support page -> Downloads.

Takao Yamada

• Thank you.

I would like to automate everything.

Is it possible to automatically create a .SAP file for Cyclone?
    In that case I can control a Cyclone by the API (this I already have working from my Labview code.

Is there any API for the PROG software?
    Today we use .BAT files to run USB Multilinks.

Best regards
    Peter Svensson

• Greetings,

Yes, there is a way to automate generation of SAP images. I have sent you a file download of how to do this.

For multilinks, the best solution is using BAT files to run CPROG, our commandline flash programmer. There is no automation of our PROG versions because it is all User Interface.

Takao Yamada

• Thank you!

Now I know how to go on.

BR
    Peter Svensson

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement