Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Multilink universal FX flash erase failed
Michael R. Nov 30, 2016 at 05:53 AM (05:53 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hello, I am using a new FX unit out of the box and when trying to update the firmware, it fails with a "flash erase failed.  result =$8882 firmware update failed"  error.  It begins the process but fails on the erase procedure of the firmware update.  We have other units (not with me at the moment) and they work/communicate on this pc so the drivers are installed correctly.  This is a new unit though.  what may I be missing?

Comments

• As an update, we use the PROGPPCNEXUS programmer application.  When I open the application, the multilink is recognized under port.  When I choose to connect is when the firmware update process begins.  There, it lists update update firmware: 7.04.

• Greetings,

You must use the resource CD that came with the new unit. This new revision comes with new firmware updater utility that you must use to get the firmware working for the PPCNEXUS architecture. If you have misplaced the CD here is the download:
    http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=346

Takao Yamada

• thank you.  I have downloaded the resource cd as my computer has no disk drive.  I can update the firmware there and it is successful.  However, when I try to use the nexus software as indicated above, it tries to update the firmware again...and fails there.  Do I need to also update the nexus software?

• Greetings,

Try a trail of the latest version we have and see if it resolves the problem. If so, then yes you need a new version:
    http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=194

Takao Yamada

• Do I need a license to run this trial  version?

• Greetings,

Yes, you will see a link to get a trial license when you first open the software.

Takao Yamada

• the trial version is working in that it completes the update process.  am I not able to program a module using the trial version?  after selecting my algorithm and object file, I can erase module (successful) but when I select program module it fails with an out of memory error.

• Greetings,

Yes, that may happen since the trial version is only up to 64K code-size limitation. So, we know that a new version of software will resolve the problem you are facing. You just need a full-version license of the latest software.

Could you create a support ticket by going to Support page -> Support requests and mention 3 things:

1) That you ran into this $8882 issue and indicate which version of software you were using.

2) Find the P&E order number for the multilink FX if you bought it from us. (Do not disclose that information here on the public forums).

3) Tell me which revisions of multilinks you currently own and how many you have.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

Any update on this?

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement