Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Partition device with P&E multilink and pegdbserver
Simon H. Nov 23, 2016 at 02:16 AM (02:16 hours)
Staff: Gerardo R.

• I am using the pegdbserver_console to program a NXP K20FX512M12 without an IDE by first launching the server:
    pegdbserver_console.exe -startserver -singlesession -device=NXP_K2x_K20FX512M12

And then connecting to the server with GDB and executing commands to program the target:
    target remote localhost:7224
    monitor reset
    load application.elf
    detach
    quit

I would like to partition the EEPROM (FlexNVM) at this stage as well. It looks like the algorithm (freescale_k20fx512m12_pflash_dflash_eeprom.arp) has a 'PA' command, and I'd like to know how to execute this command and supply my partition configuration.

In KDS, under the debugger's advanced options, there is a 'program partition' section with 'enable partitioning for the device' where I can supply the value 3007 to create my partitions with the IDE. How can I supply this value with either GDB or using the pegdbserver_console?

Comments

• You can try submitting the command "monitor partition 1 <partition_value>" to GDB. We don't officially support this kind of usage with our command line server so I can't really offer any more insight than that.

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement