Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Programming 2xAtmel 29C040A
Rhodri J. Sep 27, 2016 at 12:59 PM (12:59 hours)
Staff: Mikhail A.

• On the principal that it never rains but it pours...

I am having trouble using PROGPPCZ to program a pair of AT29C040A "PEROMs". I have a Multilink Universal FX connected up to an MPC860P that has the 29C040As in circuit on /CS0, address 0xfff00000, with internal RAM configured at 0x00f00000. I load up the Atmel_29C040A_2x8x512k.PCP module and set the base address to 0xfff00000 all fine.

Reading back the flash data produces something that looks very plausible; probing chip select and so on confirms the right sort of activity.

Unfortunately attempting to program my object file into place does not work. PROGPPCZ whizzes through the addresses to program implausibly quickly and claims to have worked, however verifying or reading back the contents reveals that the old contents are still in place. Probing the board up, we see no signs of write enables, or anything else much. The Flash chips simply aren't being accessed, never mind written.

We can't figure out what's going on here. Can you think of anything we might have overlooked?

Cheers,
    Rhodri

Comments

• Ignore what I said about "internal RAM", I was being confused.  RAM is in the usual place (i.e. 0), there are just a bunch of event buffers place around 0x00f00000 and I jumped to conclusions.

• Dear Rhodri,

Are you using the latest firmware for Multilink FX? We pushed out some updates recently to deal with a few PPC issues, and it is possible your issue is resolved by the change. You can download the latest version of the firmware from our website.

Regards,
    Mikhail
    P&E

• Yes, we are using the latest Multilink firmware.

• Dear Rhodri,

Are you still experiencing this issue?

Regards,
    Mikhail
    PEMicro

• I'm sorry, it's been a while and I can't remember.  I think we resolved the problem by doing something different.  Sorry about that, I should have posted at the time.

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement