Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Dynamic bitrate initialization?
Mikael . Sep 4, 2016 at 03:42 AM (03:42 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Is it possible to measure incoming traffic bitrate and initialize at whatever speed is on the bus? I'm working with the S9G48mLF chip.

Comments

• Greetings,

I do not recognize the chip you have mentioned. What architecture is that? Is it from Freescale/NXP?

Takao Yamada

• Hi,

The chip has a Freescale/NXP logo on it, and it's printed with S9G48MLC1N75CCTBEJA. I use the Freescale_9S12GA64_1x16x32k_64k_Linear_Pflash algortihm to program it.

Mikael

• Greetings,

If you are using our PROG software, and use the auto-detect speed function, then you will communicate at the optimum speed of the bus. Exit the program and open it again. It will show you the speed at which you should use in the future. Let me know if this is what you were looking for.

Takao Yamada

• No i was thinking when the chip is in use in a Product. I would like to measure if it's connected to a 125kb/s bus or a 500kb/s bus and initialize Communication at the appropriate speed.

Mikael

• Greetings,

What we do in our algorithms is that when the chip is in debug mode and the chip has default register values for the internal clock (the bus is slow at this point), we boost the bus frequency using PLL so that flash programming is fast.

However, if your chip is by default setup to use some kind of external clock out of reset, then you may need to create a custom algorithm for you to setup the algorithm so it can take advantage of the external clock so that it can communicate at a faster frequency for flash programming.

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement