Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Flash Programmer for Freescale S9S08RN60
Meghana S. Jul 8, 2015 at 01:06 PM (13:06 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hello 

I am looking for a stand alone Flash Programmer for Freescale micro S9S08RN60. Something similar to PROGPPC Nexus Multilink Universal FX for the PowerPC.

Which programmer can I use?

Thank you.

Meghana

Comments

• Greetings,

Your hardware of Multilink Universal FX will support the S08RN60. What you will need is software for S08 architecture called PROGHCS08:
    http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=27

Takao Yamada

• I have 2 questions before we go ahead with purchasing this software. 

1) Do we have to buy the BDM interface cable in order to be able to flash the S9S08RN60? Or does this come with the software?

2) There are some special requirments for the S9S08RN60 micro to put it in programming mode. The device requires a POR rest to enter active background mode. Is this supported by the programmer?

Thank you.
    Meghana

• Greetings,

1) Software purchase is only software. We will send an email with a download link. You indicated the multilink universal FX, so my assumption was that you already purchased it. If you do not have this yet, then you must buy hardware separately.

2) If you get the Multilink Universal FX, then it has the capability to provide and control power. When the chip enters background mode for programming, the multilink has the ability to POR the chip so that it can enter successfully. Other multilinks without power control would force you to manually power cycle the board/chip before entering background.

Takao Yamada

• We do have the Multilink Universal FX. Does this come with the JTAG and the BDM cable? I do not remember if we received a BDM cable.

• Greetings,

When the multilink universal FX is shipped, it will come with every ribbon cable, including the 6-pin BDM cable. In fact, the 6-pin is the default that it is already attached the multilink. You can purchase another if you have misplaced it:
    http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=149

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement