Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Unsecure program on USB-Multilink Universal
Luis J. Jun 22, 2015 at 07:32 AM (07:32 hours)
Staff: Gerardo R.

• Hi,

I have a Coldfire V2 secured. How can I erase (and unsecure) this coldfire with a usb-Multilink Universal?

I test the unsecure software but does not work, only if the programmer is a Coldfire-CFE.

There is an other software for Multilink Universal?

Thanks.

Comments

• I have emailed you a file that should allow unsecure_cf to detect the new Multilink hardware. Please let me know if it works for you. If it does not, you will have to purchase a copy of PROGCFZ to unsecure the part.

• Hi Gerardo,

I can not to download the file. The web page says:

500 - Internal server error.
      There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

Can you send me in a mail?

Thanks.

• Hi Gerardo,

I can not yet download the file.
      Please, send this file to my e-mail.

Thanks.

• Hi Gerardo,

with your file, renamed, doesn't work. Another way?

Thanks

• If that updated DLL didn't work, there's little we can do to make this utility work. What exactly is the issue that's causing it not to work? Has the behavior changed after updating the DLL?

• Hi Gerardo,

The behavior is the same. When I click on "unsecure" the software indicates that the device is not found.
          I checked the pin for the JTAG communication coldfire accept microcontroller.

Thanks.

• What's the target device you are trying to unsecure?

• Is a Coldfire MCF52235CAL60.

• Greetings,

Is this issue resolved?

Takao Yamada

• Hi Takao,

this issue is not solved. I do not know how to unlock the coldfire with USB_Multilink_Universal tool and Unsecure_CF software.
      Do I really need to purchase new software (PROGCFZ) to unlock coldfire?
      I do not understand why so many complications and money to unlock a coldfire.

Thanks.

• Greetings,

Currently the only way to unsecure the Coldfire devices is to use the ColdFire Multilink (not the usb multilink universal) and to use our unsecure CF utility on a XP machine. These limitations make it difficult to unsecure the coldfire chips.

We are currently looking into updating the utility to support the latest P&E interfaces, operating systems, and drivers. I will let you know of any status updates on this.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

Some update. Currently now the USB Multilink Universal has support for Coldfire unsecure. Please update your firmware to support it:
          http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=346

However updates for USB Multilink Universal FX is still in the works.

Takao Yamada

• Hi Takao,

I install the new firmware without results. I still can not unlock the Coldfire microcontroller. Current data are :

- Unsecure_CF.exe: Version 1.6
            - Unit_cfz_unsecure.dll Version 3.23.0.0
            - Multilink Universal USB firmware: usbmlfsufcfens.0940

Also, I have an Unit_cfz_unsecure.dll file with version 5.17.0.0 , I've also tried but without success.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

• You were misinformed, this firmware has not been released yet. The issue has only been fixed internally.

• Greetings,

I bring good news. We have updated our unsecure CF utility, and USB Multilink Universal rev C and USB Multilink Universal rev B firmwares to support the unsecure capabilities.

You can get the latest unsecure CF utility here:
    http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=228

And the latest firmware here:
    http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=346

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement