Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Program MK20DX256VLH7 with hex file
Ivan C. May 12, 2015 at 07:04 PM (19:04 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hello,

For prototyping I would need to load an hex file to a MK20DX256VLH7 microcontroller. If I am not mistaken the cheaper tools to do this is the Multilink Universal FX together with the PROGACMP software, is this correct?

If so, which kind of connections should i leave open in my board to be able to connect this programmer and load my hex file to the MK20DX256VLH7 as many times as desired to change its running program.

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Greetings,

You need a JTAG or SWD connector on your board. I suggest you download the multilink tech summary for the kind of connection available:
    http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=376

Multilink Universal FX and the PROGACMP is a good combination of tools. If you need the cheapest solution, then look into the multilink universal, not the multilink universal FX.

Takao Yamada

• Thank you for your answer. Is it possible to load the .hex file by using the Kinetis Design Studio and the USB Multilink Universal?

• Greetings,

You can use KDS with the multilink to load a HEX file. However, understand that you will not be able to debug the project because HEX files are just binary files.

Create a random project and go into debug configurations to select your hex file.

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement