Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Programming MOR2 Registers in HC08
peter r. Apr 22, 2015 at 10:08 AM (10:08 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• I'm trying to program the MOR2 register in an HC08 to change the clock divider.

I tried using the PB command to change the register 0x0015 from 0x01 to 0x05 but, when sending the script to the Cyclone pro, I get the error code 19 'Start address does not point into module'

Anyone got any suggestions on how to program this register?

Thanks in anticipation

Peter

Comments

• Greetings,

You cannot use the PROG08SZ flash programming software to program RAM or registers. What you need is the ICD08SZ software to modify RAM and registers. It is free and can be found here:
    http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=286

Note, programming to registers and RAM is temporary. The moment you reset the chip, the RAM is erased and registers go back to their default value. If want to change clock, you need to write code in flash to modify the registers.

Takao Yamada

• Thanks for this. The register is described as a Mask Option register ('hard-wired connections, specified at the same time as the ROM Code') which I think means it can only be written by an external programmer? (though the address is in with all of the other peripheral addresses).

It looks like the programming algorithm for the cyclone pro knows that the 'normal' area to be programmed begins at $c000 so I'm guessing that the unit can't write this byte unless there is a way to override the algorithm?

• Greetings,

What chip are you specifically working on? I want to look at this register.

Are you having issues connecting to the chip using the P&E interface? or you want to change the clock for your application?

Takao Yamada

• Hi 

I'm using a 68HC08GZ16.

There is a register in there called MOR2 - Mask Option Register - one of the bits in this register enables a 128 bit prescaler to the timer module (no idea why it has to be a mask option).

The register is at address 0x001E

I'm not having any difficulties connecting to the target using the P&E interface - I can load, download and debug with it - I'm using code warrior which generates startup code that tries to set the byte but, its not RAM.

Regards

Peter

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement