Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Cyclone for ARM programmers Display is blank
palanivel g. Jan 12, 2015 at 08:38 PM (20:38 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• HI,
    We have a cyclone for ARM program to program the Kineties ARM processor. Now the programmer is stop working and the programmer display is blank. Can someone help me to resolve this issue?

Comments

• Greetings,

Most likely you are going to need to send your cyclone in for repair. I have created an RMA ticket for you. You should get an email with instructions on how to send it in for repair. Repair cost should not cost anything if it is simply reprogramming the cyclone. But we will put it through our testing to see if anything else is wrong.

Do you know exactly how this happened? Did it go through a firmware update and it failed? Did you cancel the firmware update?

Takao Yamada

• Thanks for your response. We have already send back the Cyclone for ARM programmer to our local supplier. We haven't upgrade any firmware into Cyclone for ARM. It was in production line and we have programmed around 150 Target boards (Cyclone Standalone mode using.SAP files) and turned off the programmer. Later we turned ON again the programmer to program the another batch. But the programmer display was blank . FYI, programmer didn't connected with computer and it standalone programming mode. I would like to know the lead time for RMA. It is very urgent to continue our production.Our Supplier is QEmicro- China.

• Greetings,

We handle RMA in the order we receive them, and it really depends on if we are able to diagnose the issue from basically no clues. Cyclones do not suddenly no longer work. Usually there is an accident or problem that occurred that was not reported.

If you are in a rush, you probably want to get another cyclone to have as a backup while you wait for this cyclone to be repaired.

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement