Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
USB Multilink Universal & S9S12GA128F0VLHx
Dmitry M. Jan 7, 2015 at 10:35 AM (10:35 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hi,
    I have a S9S12GA128F CPU and recently purchased “multilink universal” on DigiKey. But it seems that I need additional software to program that CPU. The code file is with .sx ending. What type of software I need to flash the CPU?
    I dont need compiler, just flash/programing software.
    Please help!

B.R. Dmitry

Comments

• Greetings,

You will need to purchase PROG12Z software, P&E's flash programming software for HCS12X chip architecture:
    http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=49

Note, you will need to convert your .sx file into PHY file format for it work in our software and hardware. Please use our LOG2PHY utility to make this conversion:
    http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=15

Takao Yamada

• Hi, 
      Oo, I see this page have been updated:-). But, I have to choose one of them?
      Which one?
      I see PROG12Z for 169$ but how can I order it? It not so clear for me.

Please help.
      Thank you!

B.R.
      Dmitry

• IS it USB-ML-12 I need?

• Greetings,

You already have the hardware. You just need the software. Select the $169 option. All the other options are software + hardware packages.

Takao Yamada

• Hmm..
      Can you please help me?
      I cant select PROG12Z for 169$ option.
      When you click on "See pricing and order" -> Configure & Buy -> the you see these alternatives:

USB-ML-12 68HC(S)12(X)/68HCS08/68RS08 BDM Interface (USB) US$99.00

BDM MULTILINK Parallel Port BDM Multilink Interface US$199.00

CYCLONEPRO Programmer & Hardware Debug Interface for ColdFire+/V1, S12Z, HC(S)12(X), HC08, HCS08, RS08 (USB, Ethernet, Serial) US$598.00

USB-ML-UNIVERSAL-FX USB Multilink Universal FX All-In-One Development Interface (High-Speed) US$399.00

USB-ML-UNIVERSAL USB Multilink Universal All-In-One Development Interface
      US$199.00

What shall I choose?

• Greetings,

Just do not select anything. Just click on "View shopping cart".

Takao Yamada

• OK, 
    Thank you for help!
    I have ordered it from https://www.freescale.com

B.R. Dmitry

• Greetings,

Just note that purchasing software from 3rd party will not allow you to get our upgrade discount. You can get free software upgrades within a year of purchase if purchased from P&E website. You can get 50% discount within 2 years of purchase.

Takao Yamada

• Hi,
    Now I`m tying to convert .sx file in software you mentioned.
    When converting, what DeviceType shall I choose in converter settings for S9S12GA128F CPU ?

B.R.

• Greetings,

Try the option "9S12G128". All of the 'G' family type is similar. You just need to be similar in the flash size of 128K.

Takao Yamada

• Ok,
    When I starting converter, it cant see .SX file directly. So I need to change file format to “All files”.
    Tneh I choose "9S12G128" + convert to S-records. OK. It have produced code.

Then I try load this file in programmer software. -> Choose module (algorithm)-> But it cant see anything in converted file directory.

I have both LED lamps on multilink universal ON. Programmer is connected to target CPU.

B.R.

• Greetings,

Are you sure the utility generated a PHY file? If so, see if there are any data inside this file. Are you sure the utility actually converted anything?

Within the flash programming software, you should load the algorithm for your chip. Find the algorithm that best fits your 9S12G128 chip. Then use the "SS" command to select your PHY file.

Please read the help file for PROG software to learn how to use this software. I am not here to teach you how to use the software.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

Any update on this? Were you able to resolve your issue?

Takao Yamada

• Hi,

Everything seems to work as it should. I missed upload algorithm from the beginning. Thank you!

B.R.

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement