Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
USB-ML-MON08 v USB-ML-UNIVERSAL
Michael F. Dec 8, 2014 at 03:24 PM (15:24 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hello,
    Apologies if this has been covered before, but I couldn't seem to locate a thread on it.. anyhow, my question(s):

1. I need to modify/develop some new code on a legacy product which uses several MC908GP32CFBE processors. It seems that use of the USB-ML-MON08 is the recommended interface for these. Will the USB-ML-UNIVERSAL also work to develop/debug/program these devices?

2. Would the USB-ML-UNIVERSAL provide faster debug/download times? Does it provide additional debug capability with these devices that the USB-ML-MON08 doesn't support, like multiple breakpoints, more HW/register access, higher speed stepping, etc? I know the UNIVERSAL model supports many other processor types, and could be useful in other projects, but for now I am concerned with functionality with the MC908GP32CFBE devices in particular.

3, The USB-ML-12product supports a number of hcs08 and s08 controllers, but it does NOT support the MC908GP32/MC68HC908... correct?

Many thanks in advance for any help/clarification - I'm trying to figure out the best tool to order that can work with our cosmic software tools.
    -Mike F

Comments

• Greetings,

1) Currently only the Cyclone Pro and the USB-ML-MON08 are the only hardware that supports the Mon08 devices. So no, the USB-ML-Universal will not work.

2) Hardware breakpoints are limitations on the chip, not on the multilink. Software breakpoints, however, is limited by the software. Not in the multilink. Again, USB-ML-Universal will not work with MON08 chips.

3) Correct, USB-ML-12 does not support Mon08.

Takao Yamada

• Thank you very much for your speedy help!

Mike F

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement