Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
spc5602D & spc560D40L1 programming
Lukasz K. Dec 8, 2014 at 01:39 PM (13:39 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• hello,
    i have a really newbie question.

i've got 2 processors spc5602D(freescale) & spc560D40L1(st). They have the same CPU e200z0h and other specification.
    You have got the algorythm for programming mpc5602D from Freescale and it matches spc5602D. But will it work with second processor from ST?

Regards
    Luk

Comments

• Greetings,

Great question and I wish more people would ask this. There is a separate algorithm you need to use because although the chips are very similar, there are some differences in initializing the chip that makes it necessary to get the other algorithm.

To get our ST SPC algorithms, you can find them on our algorithms page under "SPC56":
    http://www.pemicro.com/support/flash_list_menu.cfm

Takao Yamada

• Thank You,
      Your support is priceless so far.

Luk

• hello,
      so will USB Multilink Universal FX work with ST SPC560D40? and for example other micro producers? I am asking because on programmmer's website You say about Freescale.
      Regards
      Luk

• Greetings,

If PPCNEXUS is supported anywhere on our website, then the ST SPC device is supported as well. The only difference is the need of using a different algorithm.

Takao Yamada

• You mean
      PROGPPCNEXUS for spc5602D
      &
      PROGPPCZ for spc560D
      Am I getting it right?

Regards
      Luk

• Greetings,

Do not mix PPCNEXUS and PPC BDM.

PROGPPCNEXUS is for PPCNEXUS MPC5xxx. This is also what you should use for ST SPC.

PROGPPCZ is for PPC BDM MPC5xx/8xx. (Note the number of 'x' after the number 5). This is a whole different chip architecture and another mystery as to why Freescale likes to name their chips similarly to confuse engineers all over the world. Do not buy this software if you are using ST SPC.

Takao Yamada

• Thank You,
      You made it clear.
      Luk

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement