Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Cyclone ARM fails while MAX succeeds
Mike A. Oct 10, 2014 at 05:26 AM (05:26 hours)
Staff: Johnny N.

• I have a Cyclone MAX and a Cyclone ARM programmer.  My target is a Kinetis MKM14Z64CHH5.  I can successfully program this using the Cyclone MAX but not using the Cyclone ARM.  I created a .SAP file using the image creation utility v1.27 and an using the 10 pin mini SWD connector on my target.  When using the Cyclone ARM, I connect this to the 10 pin mini port and with the Cyclone MAX I use the adapter PCB supplied.  I'm using the same .SAP file in both cases.  Using the Cyclone ARM, the failure is immediate with error $0007.  In both cases my target is powered independently.  On the Cyclone ARM I have only jumper 5 fitted.

This is the first time I have tried to use the Cyclone ARM. I suspect it may be faulty?

I'd be grateful for any suggestions.

Mike.

Comments

• Hi Mike,

1. What is the firmware version of your Cyclone for ARM?

2. Can you please post a screenshot of the Cyclone image creation utility with your settings?

-Johnny
      P&E

• Johnny,

Thanks for your quick response. I have done more testing and I can now confirm that the Cyclone for Arm does work. I think I was being misled by some power-up timing dependent behaviour with my target, but I'm still not completely convinced that my set-up is behaving correctly.

I'll start a new topic if I can't get to the bottom of this issue, but just now I think it probably lies with my set-up.

Mike.

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement