Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
How to download an external .elf file to MPC5566's internal flash using PE Micro's USB multilink and CW?
PAVAN K. Aug 13, 2014 at 11:39 AM (11:39 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• How to download an external .elf (flash fusible file) to MPC5566's internal flash using PE Micro's USB multilink and CodeWarrior for MPC5566 tools?
    Is there any freeware from freescale/ third party which can be used to just download the compiler output .mot / .elf files to MPC5566 flash.

I have Freescale codewarrior s/w for MPC55xx and PE Micro USB multilink debugger for programming MPC5566. CW compiler output is .mot / .elf file.

I have a .elf file generated using GHS Multi compiler. How to download this file to flash using PE Micro's USB multilink and CodeWarrior?

Comments

• Greetings,

It depends on the type of Codewarrior you are using. If you are using the Eclipse-based CW10.x, then you can create a flash programming "task" where you can specify the ELF file you want to program. This is Freescale's implementation so you should ask their forums if you run into issues.

If you are using the older Codewarrior v2.10, then you are most likely using our ICD PPCNEXUS software when trying to communicate to your board. You can call the ICDPPCNEXUS software externally and download your ELF file. If you try calling the software from within Codewarrior, it tries to download from a project so it will not work.

Let me know which Codewarrior version you are using so I can try helping you further.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

Were you able to program your ELF file?

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement