Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Programming the Coldfire V.X using the target's rj45 connector
Ruel C. Jul 25, 2014 at 03:32 PM (15:32 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• I am designing  a system using the MCF5223x chip. Cold warrior V10.4 requires a 26 pin berg connector with your USB-ML-CFE and the M52235EVB development board for program development which is fine. For production, do I need the berg connector at all since it appears that the cyclone max can be used to program the target with the RJ45 connector? Your training presentation is not clear on the required connection for production.

Comments

• Greetings,

The cyclone max should also be using the exact same setup as the multilink to connect to your board. If I understand correctly, RJ45 is the Ethernet cable. This is used to connect your cyclone max to a network, not to your target board. The cyclone still needs a 26-pin cable to program your board.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

Do you have any other questions or concerns?

Takao Yamada

• Once the MCF52235 target is installed in the field, are there any P&E devices that will communicate with and modify the target memory over the internet? If not, is a laptop able to this with P&E software?

• Greetings,

You can setup the cyclone max onto a network since it has the Ethernet connection. However most people have a firewall on their network and so you will have difficulty connecting to a cyclone max on an external network. Most people can get around this by VPN into that network and then access the cyclone.

With the cyclone max you do not need a laptop or P&E software to program the chip. You can preload the cyclone max with an image and use that to program the chip out in the field. However, most people do bring a laptop with them in the case that their image did not work. A purchase of the cyclone also comes with software you can use to preload the image or debug your programming commands.

A multilink does not have the ability to program in standalone, so it must be paired with a laptop with P&E software.

Please take a look at our product page for the cyclone max for more information:
    http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=145

Takao Yamada

• Thank you
    Ruel

• Greetings,

Do you have any other questions or concerns? Hopefully I have answered all of your previous questions.

Takao Yamada

• Yes, you have. Thank you again.
    Ruel

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement