Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Putting breakpoint takes control to top of file
James J. Jul 23, 2014 at 07:22 AM (07:22 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• If we put a break point in a particular line, the code window jumps to the top of the file instead of remaining in the same line. It is especially difficult while working with large files and when we have to put multiple break points in a particular function. Is there a means to avoid that?

Comments

• Greetings,

There is a way to jump to your code without having to place a breakpoint and running to it. On each code line, you will see a blue arrow, a red dot, and then your code. Try double-clicking on the blue arrow. This will do a run until this line. This will not move your code window.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

Do you have any other questions or concerns?

Takao Yamada

• I need to put break points, as it is easier than using the blue lines when working with multiple files. But putting break point always moves the code window, how can we avoid that?

• Greetings,

There is no avoiding the moving of the code window. The software always follows the program counter. I will add this feature request to our list and let the developers know. It probably will not be implemented immediately but I definitely would also like to see this feature as well.

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement