Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
USB MultiLink Universal
Alex P. Jul 3, 2014 at 07:03 AM (07:03 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hello
    I'm trying to develop a program on Labview and I need to know if there is any VI for the USB Multilink Universal (http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=15320137) that I can use or a way of putting this Multilink by loading libraries, can anyone help me?
    Many thanks

Comments

• Greetings,

It depends on what you are trying to do with the multilink universal. Are you trying to flash program? Load into RAM? Run a test?

If you want to flash program, you can purchase our PROG software. We have a PROG software for each individual Freescale architecture, so you will need to tell me which chips you are working on for me to advise you i which to select.

If you just want to load code into RAM and run tests, then the best solution is our UNIT library DLL's. Again, it depends on which chip architecture you want to work with.

Takao Yamada

• Hi Takao,

We want to flash program, so as you indicate we'd need to purchase PROG software.
    Could you tell us which program interface uses? A labview vi/llb file? a C library? Do you have any technical documentation or users manual of it?
    Our micro-controller reference is Freescale MK50N512.

Best regards

• Greetings,

You will need to purchase the PROGACMP software:
    http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=15320138

You can find the documentation you want from this website as well. Just find the FAQ, Manuals, and Documentation tab.

With this purchase there is a command-line version of the software called CPROGACMP. I highly suggest first making your setup work with the UI version of PROGACMP before attempting to automate using CPROGACMP.

Within your setup, what you can do is call CPROG software with specific parameters like a configuration file (CFG) that has all the commands you want it to run (erase/program/verify), and the interface you want to use (USB multilink, cyclone, etc). You can find all of this information within our manual.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

Do you have any other questions or concerns?

Takao Yamada

• Hi 

I am working on P&E supported 64bit ARM process. Before that i was working on PPC architecture.I want to know how much change in DLL function, As i developed all test in PPC before and switching to ARM will take significant efforts?

Tarun

• Greetings,

Moving from one 32-bit architecture to another will not be a hard process. There are similar commands/API, but obviously there may be architecture specific commands that may not work on others.

Takao Yamada

• Hi Takao,

I am working on Freescale Kinetis KE02, 04 series MCU.
    Can I use PROG with Multilink Universal for stand alone programming?

At present am using IAR with Multilink Universal, Its working fine. But I need a stand alone solution.

Manjit Singh

• Greetings,

The term stand-alone programming is defined by P&E as a unit that can program target boards without a computer attached. It can be taken out in the field so it has internal memory for capacity.

The multilink universal does not have internal flash memory to store programming sequences and it also depends on a USB connection to a PC. Therefore it cannot be used in stand-alone programming. Our Cyclone product line can be used for standalone programming. Please checkout the Cyclone Max and Cyclone for ARM, which supports the chip you are trying to program:
      http://www.pemicro.com/cyclone/

PROG is a software you can purchase to program your chip. It only needs your compiled S19/ELF file. A purchase of PROG software also comes with a command-line script version called CPROG. You can use it to semi-automate your programming sequence.

Takao Yamada

• Thanks Takao for quick reply.

Can I use UMultilink and PROG to program MCU without IAR/Codewarrior?

Can I use PROG to program hex file also?

• Greetings,

PROG software will only work with S19 or ELF files. But we do have a utility on our website that converts your HEX to S19 format. The utility is called "CONVERT":
    http://www.pemicro.com/support/download_processor.cfm?type=5

Yes, you can use the multilink and PROG software without the IAR or Codewarrior running. You do need the S19 or ELF file that IAR or Codewarrior generates for you to program the chip.

Takao Yamada

• Hi Takao,

To whome should I contact to purchase PROG/CPROG in INDIA?
      Is any trial version available of PROG/CPROG?
      Manjit Singh

• Greetings,

Please go to this website:
    http://www.pemicro.com/contact_us/index.cfm

Then on the left side click on "International Distributors and Resellers" and
    then look for India.

Do you have any other questions or concerns?

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement