Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Trouble reading a 9s12xhz256vag.
Dave D. Jun 29, 2014 at 02:37 PM (14:37 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• I am using an older red USB Multilink Rev C. with Prog12z version 1.67
    It seems to read the file and I can save it but when I try to open it with my s19 editor I get an error saying "error encountered on line 1" I have never seen this error with normal 9s12 micros. is it perhaps the prog12z software not being new enough for the X series Micros?

Comments

• Greetings,

What do you mean that it can "read the file and I can save it"? Where did you get this S19 file?

I have not seen a version of PROG12Z that does not support the X series. But the best way to check is load the algorithm for your chip and if it works then you are okay.

Most likely the problem is that you are trying to program the chip using an S19 file, which is in logical format. Our tools need an object file in physical format (PHY file). You should convert your file to this format and try again. Here is the converter utility:
    http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=15

Takao Yamada

• I apologize. Perhaps I worded it incorrectly. Using an older Rev C red usb multilink and Prog12z version 1.67, Properly attached to the 9s12xhz256, Upon starting prog12z, the Connection assistant screen pops up and I select autodetect on the BDM communications speed. The software then goes to where I select the algorithm.     I select  
    "Freescale_9s12xhz256_1x16x2k_4k_EEPROM_Linear_1k_page.12p
    Base address 0. Then I "upload Module" save it to a file.
    This is the exact same procedure I use for every 9s12 device ( using the proper algorithm of course ) I open the file with DSP, a 9s12 file editor. This is where things go wrong. I get an error on line one and the file will not open.

• Greetings,

Let us move this issue to a support request ticket so that you can upload your file you are generating using upload module. I would like to see the S19 file and figure out if it is in a proper format.

Takao Yamada

• Sounds good. please advise where to send file to. I don't see a mechanism in this forum for attachments.
      Thanks in advance!
      Dave

• Greetings,

Again, please create a support request ticket:
    http://www.pemicro.com/support/index.cfm

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

I am closing this forum thread as the original poster is non responsive and have not created a support request ticket.

Takao Yamada

• Sorry for the delay, I am in mexico till the 26th. I will open a ticket when I return

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement