Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Running Checksum algorith on serial flash ...
buddy l. migrated on Dec 31, 2013 at 11:00 AM
No staff assigned yet

• I am using a coldfire processor with serial flash. I have a custom programming algorithm that will program the serial flash. 

However, I am wondering how I can verify the serial flash. The only option I have been able to come up is to copy chunks of the serial flash to ram, and then run the verify on those chunks as if the ram were flash.

This approach has a major drawback. It requires me to break the original S19 into smaller pieces where each piece has same address space (the ram area) and the data for a specific chunk.

Is there another option? Can I provide a custom verify algorithm?

Comments

• I have all of the programming and a byte-by-byte verification working. However, the verify via checksum does not. I am not sure why. Does anyone have any ideas?

QUOTE (buddy_lott @ Sep 4 2012, 08:59 AM) [legacy comment]
    I am using a coldfire processor with serial flash. I have a custom programming algorithm that will program the serial flash.

However, I am wondering how I can verify the serial flash. The only option I have been able to come up is to copy chunks of the serial flash to ram, and then run the verify on those chunks as if the ram were flash.

This approach has a major drawback. It requires me to break the original S19 into smaller pieces where each piece has same address space (the ram area) and the data for a specific chunk.

Is there another option? Can I provide a custom verify algorithm?

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement