Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Version Cyclone
Cédric C. migrated on Dec 31, 2013 at 11:00 AM
Staff: Johnny N.

• Hello,

There are three versions for the Cyclone Pro: basic, professional and entreprise edition. With Entreprise edition, we can use RS232/Ethernet communication protocols.

• What are differences between the communication protocols and the dll? For example, I can realise only Blank Check commands with RS232/Ethernet communication protocols ?
    • If I buy the professional edition, and I want to use RS232/Ethernet communication protocols, can I update my edition in Entreprise Edition ?

Thanks you for your answers.

Regards

Comments

• QUOTE (CedricC @ Sep 27 2011, 05:59 AM) [legacy comment]
    Hello,

There are three versions for the Cyclone Pro: basic, professional and entreprise edition. With Entreprise edition, we can use RS232/Ethernet communication protocols.

• What are differences between the communication protocols and the dll? For example, I can realise only Blank Check commands with RS232/Ethernet communication protocols ?
    • If I buy the professional edition, and I want to use RS232/Ethernet communication protocols, can I update my edition in Entreprise Edition ?

Thanks you for your answers.

Regards

Hello Cedric,

You'll be able to build the application that you need using either the DLL or the RS232/Ethernet protocols. The protocols have much more individual commands than the DLLs. The DLL has less commands (or functions) because we combine several protocol commands into one function. I would recommend the DLLs because they are much easier to use. We supply the protocol because some of our customers cannot use the Windows based DLLs.

If you purchase the professional edition now, you can pay the difference and upgrade to enterprise later.

-Johnny
    P&E Technical Support

• Hello
    I purchased the professional edition. I want to know if there are 2 CYCLONE_CONTROL.dll's one for the Basic edition and one for the professional edition ....if so where can I download the .dll for the professional edition?

• Hi Mevelin,

There is only one Cyclone_control.dll. If you were using the basic and purchased the professional, there is a section in the manual that describes how to update your license.

Regards,
      Johnny
      P&E

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement