Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
How to place Chip into "Special Single Chip Mode" - MC9S12DG128
Jonathan A. migrated on Dec 31, 2013 at 11:00 AM
No staff assigned yet

• Hello Friends!

I am working with the MC9S12DG128 chip on the Adapt9S12D board and I am having some troubles dealing with a error message which is:

"Target Connection Failure
    USBDM can't enable BDM made on the target. This may indicate that the device is secured"

I am using a USBDMLT to interface the board with the computer as well. Additionally, I have come across a few pieces of information on the internet which states for me to place the chip into "special single chip mode". However, I do not know how to go about doing this. Can anyone please help shed some light on this situation for me, I greatly appreciate your time my friends and I wish you a most miraculous set of days to come.

Comments

• you should be able to unsecure the device by using the stand-alone programmers supplied with USBDM - probably HCS12_FlashProgrammer.exe.  Just load any S19 file you have from a suitable project and select the unsecure radio button. This was sent from "PGO" and it has worked for me so I hope that it works for you! 

• QUOTE (JonAbbs @ May 13 2011, 11:48 AM) [legacy comment]
    Hello Friends!

I am working with the MC9S12DG128 chip on the Adapt9S12D board and I am having some troubles dealing with a error message which is:

"Target Connection Failure
    USBDM can't enable BDM made on the target. This may indicate that the device is secured"

I am using a USBDMLT to interface the board with the computer as well. Additionally, I have come across a few pieces of information on the internet which states for me to place the chip into "special single chip mode". However, I do not know how to go about doing this. Can anyone please help shed some light on this situation for me, I greatly appreciate your time my friends and I wish you a most miraculous set of days to come.

Starting in special single chip mode is pretty simple. When the mcu's MODA and MODB pins are tied to ground, the mcu will boot up into a stopped state instead of executing code.

http://www.pemicro.com/faqs/faq_view.cfm?id=40" target="_blank">http://www.pemicro.com/faqs/faq_view.cfm?id=40

-Johnny
    P&E Technical Support

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement